Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tesselations

I was thinking of tesselations the other day because I need to design a quilt.  I know what a tesselation is, but in my never ending quest to gain meanings of words and labels, I thought I would search for a definition.  According to mathforum.org  a tessellation is created when a shape is repeated over and over again covering a plane without any gaps or overlaps.  I'm sure Mr. Brady taught me that in 8th grade, but that is ancient history - glad to know I've been using it all these years.  So how does this relate to our Instructional Technology class?  I'm not really sure, but I am trying to cover all bases, learning and gleaning information that will enable me to reach my goals for this program.

Monday offered another array of tools and the instructional applications; the Fly Lab was intriguing, definately glad I won't be seeing any additional Fruit Flies in our room.  Zunal is a great tool - I really like the fact that all the links are right in front of the student, including the assessment.  This will make my webquest so much easier to manage with the class.  Storybird is perfect for a child development class.  I try to teach my students the importance in early literacy and reading within child development; this will give me a tool to create an age appropriate story, without worrying about student artistic talent.  Befuddlr - cool tool for photo's and notes - I'm going to try to put together a unit on kitchen tools (you know, those tools that actually tell you what they are) 

Well back to my quilt design... enjoy a completed design of a memory quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment