Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 22, 2011

More from the piles of scraps called life...

Life is so fun... and the learning never ends.  I've been working on this project of a family tree, tracing our family with a cousin who really does not know many of his extended family.  Well through a little questioning and a mother who had some "stuff" we found out we were related to a soldier from the US Revolutionary War... then she pulls out a paper showing membership of a Great-Great Grandmother in the "Sons & daughters of the Mayflower"... so... off we go on that search.  Now we have linked the family together through several generations using Family Mingle, a fun way to communicate and keep track of all those important dates.  It stays private, so we can collaborate across the many miles that keep us apart.  So while I should be working on my contract items, I search for the "scraps of fabric" that made me into the "complete quilt" that I am. So far I have done this using free sites - Rootsweb.com has a clearing house on all sorts of information, and others who are doing the same. Oh yeah - one of my ancestors was hung on Sept 22, 1692 in Salem, MA as a "witch" - Doesn't that explain ALOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment