Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Break... comes to an end

So today marks the end of spring break.  Unlike many, I did not have the opportunity to travel to remote destinations to taste the culture of previously unexplored locales.  But alas the Philadelphia are offers several great locations to unwind.

Longwood Gardens, Bell Tower

We had the opportunity to visit Longwood Gardens, the DuPont estate where the DuPont fortunes were able to experiment with thousands of horticultural specimens.  I love this place since I truly have a black thumb, I can enjoy the beauty without worrying about killing it!

Tulip Display (or tinsy part of it)
The reason we went - to "Tiptoe through the Tulips"
Longwood Gardens, Italian Water Garden

I have always wanted a water feature in my yard, but this might be a little "over the top"



So no Spring Break would be complete without a visit to the beach - since we are not near the Florida beaches, Ocean City was our beach of choice.

Love the beaches before the crowds!


So now it is back to work... finish up the semester, learning how to make effective, productive websites.  I am looking forward to this as I want to find a way to sell the quilts I make in my spare time. 

 Oh, did I forget to mention I made a quilt this week with some of the scrap fabric in my sewing room.  It's available if you are interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment