Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Creating in the 21st Century

I am a creator: clothing, meals, fun, entertainment, photography, art, chaos.  But today my creation takes on a whole new dimension; A BLOG.  Who knew that all those communicating devices from Star Trek would make it into my laptop.  Who does come up with this vocabulary?  A BLOG, a laptop, a WIKI, and IPOD; whatever happened to naming a tool by what it does?  You know what I'm talking about; an ice cream scoop, a blender, a mixing bowl, a sewing machine... tools that tell you what they are!  I am going into this with an open mind because I love a challenge, it wouldn't be worth getting up in the morning if I could not learn something new.  I just wish I could remember how to get onto the sites... maybe this technology will come up with a way for me to remember those silly little details.
As I study Instructional Technology I will strive to develop instructional methods based on sound research that will help my students develop into successful adults who are globally connected.  I want to make sure they are getting reasonable, realistic experiences that will develop them into responsible citizens who can make great, well thought out decisions.  I will certainly have more to follow as this journey seems to be taking off... Up, Up and A W A Y!

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of naming the tools after what they do! Maybe someday we will make our own web tool and we can name them appropriately! You are so creative! I look forward to making this technology journey with you! To the Internet and beyond we go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your title to your blog is PERFECT -- really cracks me up! More importantly, I am really impressed by the design and look of your blog -- you've brought the FCLS look to computer design! Indeed, you've made your blog look "homey" and comforting. I totally agree with your observation of the nomenclature of technology. Did people ever wonder what a "mixing bowl" or an "ice cream scoop" was for?! Anyway, it's nice to know someone who is an equally disadvantaged learner as I -- except you catch on faster! Drats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I decided to take a peak at everyones blog before taking the plunge and was blown away by your design. Love the catchy title and tips. Thanks for giving me more anxiety than I already had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new blog design!!! Very cool Sue, you really rock with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You blog is incredible. How much time did you spend on it. Berry Berry impresive. One of this days when I do not hold three jobs (which will be soon) and run a family that is constantly in sick I will impress you too.I promise.
    xx
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, you impress me with your creativity and embracement of new Technology and tools

    ReplyDelete