Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Week One of Summer Vacation

It is now Tuesday of the first week of summer vacation.  I vowed to myself that I would be productive these first two weeks of summer - before Summer School starts.  So what have I done with myself...

I have crafted - sewing, crocheting and knitting.  The weather has been gorgeous - great with the windows open into my sewing room, it keeps me energized.  I truly have not focused much on the newest technology, although sewing has been made so much simpler with my Brother Innov-is-900

What a great machine - everyday I find out some new thing about it.  It is programed to do knots, and cut the threads at the end of seams.  It also is so great that it has a self-threading feature.  A long way from the beginning sewing machines invented in the 1800's.

My sewing this summer has so far focused on clothing -
a skirt for Lesley with some great trim she found in our visit to Jomar ( if you are in Philadelphia a great experience - although I am not responsible for any budget busting purchases) and an easy knit top for our upcoming trip to Phoenix.
Need light colored, cotton clothing for in the desert!





I've also finished the potholder project for Lesley's new kitchen in Phoenix.  The colors were chosen by her - they should look really nice with the black granite counter tops and cherry cabinets.  Hopefully she will remember to keep them dry so she doesn't burn her fingers.  The dishcloth was knitted - a pattern called "feather and fan".   Once I figured out the pattern it was a breeze - was even able to do it sitting in the car.
Lesley thinks I should make these and create my own "Etsy" Shop - who knows, maybe I will.


So I think at the rate I am going I will be able to say my summer was productive.  Thank goodness for the technology of the sewing machine, iron, and all the fiber/fabric producers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment